Is a career in graphic arts something you are considering?
You may well completely transform your everyday life from casually drawing on paper at your house as a leisure activity to employed in a real job in commercial art by taking some courses in visual arts and design. The employment sector for imaginative individuals with tech education has never been more attractive.
So regardless of whether you opt to sign up with a company or simply go on your own as a freelance worker, you will like utilizing your creative skill in the business market and getting paid a competitive paycheck.
Graphic Arts Designer Work Profiles
Graphic designers employ illustration software applications to develop visual messages for a diverse range of commercial or organizational communications. Design advisors strategize over the cognitive, cultural, physical, and societal factors of their specific audience as they develop and present visual information.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that recruitment of graphic designers is anticipated to go up by close to eight to twelve percent within the coming ten years. This means there could likely be 30,000 extra employment opportunities through 2023. The finest prospects will be given to job applicants who have some proper school coursework and actual experience building web pages and interactive media.
Education and Coursework Choices
Starter opportunities within this field often mandate proper study in rudimentary fine art and design concepts. The National Association of Schools of Art and Design recognizes roughly 250 post-secondary institutions with training programs where enrollees might earn an associate, bachelor’s, or even graduate diploma in graphic design.
Also, trainees typically enroll in intensive lessons in the most-used industry proprietary software programs that manage photos and drawings, such as those built by Microsoft and Adobe. Modules are offered to students in both of the internet-based and old fashioned campus structures, with each approach to training has its own drawbacks and positive benefits.
What’s my very first move?
Create your imaginative work future with a strong education from a school campus in your area. Or possibly work towards your degree when and how you wish by attending web-based courses.
Realizing your diploma takes energy and effort, but you can make it happen around your current schedule.
You can take a second and see a few potential schools.
We have put together a list:
- ECPI’s programs keep you ahead of curve in today’s fast-growing tech industry
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Choose from programs in Cybersecurity, Cloud Computing, Engineering & more
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Web Design & Development
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Web Design and Development, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
Graphics isn’t the only field you can go into. There are plenty of others, find out more.